Captains- Derek Keaton, Roscoe Byrd, Kevin Ellison, Chris DeLaRosa
– Bobcats forced to a three and out on their first drive after being turned away on third and one.
– Eagles work down the field after converting on fourth and one. Drive ends with a 37 yard touchdown run from Matt Breida. Eagles lead 7-0 11:38 remaining 5 plays 72 yards, 2:18
– A sack and solid defense end the second Bobcat drive for another three and out.
– Eagles work down to the Bobcat 30 yard line before losing the ball to the Bobcats via fumble by Kevin Ellison.
– Bobcats couldn’t turn the turnover into points and were their drive came to an end on a failed fourth down conversion attempt.
– Breida and the Eagles did it again on the next drive with a 48 yard touchdown run. Eagles lead 14-0 with 11:47 remaining.
– Texas State responds by traveling down the field and knocking down a 33 yard field goal for their first score of the game. Eagles lead 14-3 with 7:19 remaining. 11 plays 59 yards 4:28
– Eagles are held to a three and out.
– Texas State is held to another three and out.
– Eagles turn the ball over at their own 8 yard line after a mishandled pitch from Ellison to Breida.
– Bobcats can’t punch a hole in Eagle defense and are held to a field goal. Eagles lead 14-6 with 2:41 remaining.
– Eagles drive down to the 12 yard line but lose the ball on another fumble from Kevin Ellison.