A quick guide to what you missed in Georgia Southern sports over the break:
· Men’s Basketball team played two games in the past week, beating Arkansas State 73-61 and South Alabama 81-73.
· Head Football Coach Willie Fritz was named Sun Belt Coach of the Year over the break and Matt Breida was named Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year.
· Women’s Basketball team played two games this past week, losing to Arkansas State 63-86 and beat South Alabama 67-53.
-Women’s Swimming finished first in their meet on Saturday accompanied with two pool records; Lauren Cambell set a new pool mark in the 200 fly with a time of 2:06.38 and Christina Moran set a pool record with a time of 2:05.07 in the 200 back.
Upcoming games to keep an eye on
· The Men’s Basketball team faces Louisiana Lafayette on Thursday (1/15/15) at Hanner Field House at 7:30pm.
· The Women’s Basketball team will also face Louisiana Lafayete Thursday (1/15/15) at Hanner Field House at 5pm.