So, the 364 days since last Halloween went by faster than you thought and now it’s time to party, but you’ve got no costume. Forget throwing a bed sheet over your head and calling yourself a ghost, that’s elementary school. We’re at the real GSU here, so go big or go home without burning a hole in your wallets!
1. Iggy Azalea: This is easy and awesome for chicks, all you need is:
– Any kind of spandex workout outfit, a sports bra would even be a good top
– Colored hair extensions or hair chalk
– Fake eyelashes
– A small pillow or cotton stuffing from Hobby Lobby
Iggy is known for being “Fancy” and also for her gigantic booty, so stuff those pants well, put your hair up in a ponytail, and you’ll be as hot as a “Black Widow, baby.”
2. Tomb Raider (Lara Croft): An awesome one for all of the gamer chicks out there.
– Army green or gray tanktop (buy one at Goodwill for super cheap and just cut the bottom off if you’re going for the cropped look)
– Cargo short shorts or fitted pants
– Fake weapons
– Tissues or cotton stuffing
Croft is all about hunting down treasure in forbidden tombs and temples, so rough yourself up a bit, stuff-up those boobies, braid your hair and venture out into the party scene to find some booty.
3. Bunch of Grapes: Because who doesn’t love Fruit of the Loom?!
– Purple or green shirt/tanktop
– Brown, black, purple or green pants/leggings
– Purple or green balloons
– Purple or green beanie (optional, but it looks good when your head is a grape too)
Inflate and attach the balloons to the shirt with safety pins and you’re good to go. Juicy! Just don’t go running around saying you’re going to tie people to radiators. Some people may not get it.
1. Post-Apocalyptic Survivor: Don’t worry, it’s simpler than it sounds
– A collard shirt you aren’t too fond of.
– An old pair of jeans
– A backpack
– A Nerf gun
I don’t know if the rest of you have noticed, but a lot of post-apocalyptic humans seem to have a similar wardrobe. A ripped and dirtied shirt, a back pack and a gun they’ve inexplicably come across at some point in their journey. The only piece of this costume that may be difficult to acquire is the Nerf gun. But if you really don’t have a Nerf gun or at least a friend who can lend you one, take a step back and re-evaluate your life choices before going to that Halloween party.
2. Pirate: Might require a run to the store, but you know what they say. Desperate times.
– A pirate hat
– An eye patch
– A puffy white shirt (optional)
This one may require you drop a couple bucks at the local supermarket, but when you’re in a pinch, it’s a super easy costume everyone will recognize right off the bat. But if you’re a big fan of arts and crafts or an even bigger fan of pinching pennies, find a tutorial or two online about how to make these items out of paper. However, the biggest perk of this costume by far is the fact that it grants you the ability to hoard the rum at virtually any party. Just say it’s part of your costume.
3. Mad Scientist: Every super villain has to start somewhere right?
– A lab coat
– A pair of glasses
– A beaker
– Liquid and food coloring of your choice
– A little bit of acting
This is going to be a slam dunk for you science majors out there, but for those of you who don’t already have access to a lab coat, you may be able to score one for a cheap price at one of the local thrift shops. A great advantage of this particular get-up is the fact that your glass is already incorporated into your costume in the form of the beaker. Just pour whatever you’re drinking in there and think of a clever chemical name to give it in case people ask you what’s in the beaker. Also if your drink is clear and you really want to dedicate yourself to the costume, you can add some food coloring for an extra hit of authenticity. I’d recommend green.