The Haunted Forest is an event put on by The Clubhouse with Halloween in mind. It is a haunted house with the exception of being outdoors.
1. Breanna Stubbs, Georgia Southern graduate: “It was very scary. I’m very impressed. It was at one point that I was very scared to enter the dark tunnel. It was really, really scary. And I think I left my frienda couple of times. It was really good. I’ll come back again.
I’m feeling Nervous. Paranoid right now. Even though I’m out of it, I’m still looking around, checking–making sure no one is behind me or anything. Still shaken up a little bit.”
2. Donna Polk, property manager at Port City Properties in Savannah: “It was very scary. We’re from outside of Savannah, and I’m going to go back and send my 17-year-old and all of them up here because that was one of the scariest ones I’ve been through. Especially that dark room you went through. And the clowns. Oh my god, it was awesome.”
3. Josh Mills, Georgia Southern graduate: “It was better than last year. It was really good. The last part, the chainsaws, really got me. Other than that, it was extraordinary. I’ll come back next year.
I feel tired, out of breath. A little bit scared. I probably won’t go in the dark for a while.”
4. Colby Floyd, Southeast Bulloch High School freshman: “It was freaking scary. I wanted to pee my pants. The dark room was the scariest part. I thought I was freaking walking into ‘Saw: The Final Chapter,’ or something.
My adrenaline is pumping and I could do a million back-flips. And I feel really scared.”
5. James Brighton,Heritage Academy freshman: “It was really scary. People were jumping out at me and touching me and scaring me and following me. [The dark room] was probably the worst part because I couldn’t see anything, and then you saw something and it wasn’t something very good.
I’m scared. Yeah, I’m not sleeping for like two months. I’m going to have nightmares for like a week. I’m freaking out. I feel like they’re going to follow me home cause they followed us the whole way.”
6. Carly Lovell, Glynn Academy senior: “It was scarier than I expected it to be. I am out of breath, as you can tell. It was like I was in a horror film. It felt like reality, to be honest.
I didn’t even open my eyes. I just kept them closed. The music, the rock ‘n roll music, made it even worse. It was bad.
Well, I felt like I was going to throw up. I won’t get any sleep tonight.”
The Haunted Forest is going be open Oct. 27-31 at The Clubhouse from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.