StompFest Set To Dominate Step

Alia Lewis

This Friday, StompFest, the largest step show to hit Statesboro returns. This is the fifth annual event and it will be bigger and better than ever before.

“StompFest is a step show that features Greek acts and non Greek acts and gives them a chance to win money,” Chauncey Thompson, junior Black Student Assembly member said.

Since it’s conception in 2010, Stomp Fest has grown tremendously.

This year there will be multiple acts and teams participating to claim the crown, including various college Greek organizations, high school and middle school teams.

“StompFest branches out to different schools and cities,” Thompson said, explaining that is why it differs from Doo-dah.Thompson believes Doo-dah is more school oriented, whereas StompFest is more community oriented.

“When I attended StompFest last year, the step team Forte blew the whole show away. I’m expecting to see them do the same this year,” Brittany Brown, sophomore accounting major said.

Along with bragging rights and the title that comes with being the champion of StompFest, participating teams will also be competing for a grand cash prize.

“It’s a great event, always fun. You never know what you’re going to expect. There’s always something new,” Thompson said.

Along with Thompson, many students are anticipating the return of this year’s StompFest.

“I didn’t get the chance to attend last year, but I heard it was turnt so I’m definitely going this year,” Alesha Elbert, sophomore psychology major said.

Everyone is welcomed to attend StompFest. “It’s open to everyone. We don’t discriminate,” Thompson said.

StompFest will be held tomorrow, October 10 at 7:30 p.m. in the PAC. Tickets usually sell out fast, so students are encouraged to buy them early.

Tickets are $15 until Friday and $20 at the door.