· Make sure to always lock your car and apartment. Talk to your roommates to ensure you’re all on the same page.
· Don’t leave valuables your the car, especially not in plain view. If you have to leave your purse or iPad in the car, lock it in the trunk or tuck it under the seat.
· Never leave your valuables unattended. Study with a friend or try sitting near the bathroom when studying on campus, so you won’t have to pack up so often – just take your wallet and electronics.
· Always use a lock when storing your belongings in a RAC locker. If you don’t have one, you can purchase one there for $3.
· And in the unfortunate event that your phone or tablet is stolen despite your best efforts, it’s good to have a backup plan – you can download an app to track your smart phone or tablet. Find My iPhone and Find My Phone are free phone tracking apps for iPhone and Android users respectively.