Senior goodbye: Four years of thank-you notes

• Anna Wells

Anna Wells

It’s the last issue of The George-Anne for this semester.  Not only that, but it’s the last Thursday of my undergraduate career.  Georgia Southern has brought me so many memories, and as I stand back and reflect on the past four years, it’s hard to pick one memory that means the most.

That being said, I think the time has come for me to reminisce, and write a few thank-you notes to GSU, its students and various aspects of the Statesboro community.

Thank you to University Plaza, for turning on the lights at 1:30 a.m. every night and then consequently causing everyone to question their life choices.

Thank you to my friends, who have always been by my side and made my time at GSU amazing, and for proving that I’ll never be able to keep up with y’all while day drinking.

Thank you, El Sombrero, for fabulous food that I can actually afford, and for causing me to consume my weight in nachos and margaritas over the past four years.

Thank you, Freedom, for reminding me how spirited Eagle Nation truly is, and for that one time when you escaped from Paulson, for reminding me how I sometimes wished I could escape from my classes.

Thank you, football team, for some great victories and fantastic memories, and for reminding me in 2012-2013 how important it is to have a perfected kicking game.

Thank you, Forest Drive Building, for providing me with a building for my outstanding French classes, and also for giving me the opportunity to wander through a maze every Tuesday and Thursday.

Thank you, Statesboro weather, for always keeping me on my toes, and reminding me to never pack up my summer or winter clothes.

And finally, thank you to Georgia Southern.  Thank you the Department of Literature and Philosophy for shaping my academic career and giving me a future that I’m excited about (while also upping my cool game with my very large “Riverside Shakespeare”).  Thank you to the faculty, staff, students and organizations that make GSU such a great institution.  I can’t even describe how much I have grown to love this school during my time here.  I’ve had a wonderful four years filled with adventures and mishaps, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.  Thank you, Eagle Nation and Hail Southern!

Anna Wells is graduating cum laude with a B.A. in English Literature.  She worked with Student Media two and a half years in various sections.  She’ll be starting graduate school at GSU in fall, but first plans to travel to Ireland to study Shakespeare, Shaw and the Guinness Brewery.