Put on your poker face for UPB casino night

Erika Richards

Bets will be taken on Thursday in the Williams Center at 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. for Georgia Southern University’s Programming Board Casino Night.

This casino themed event will provide a realistic experience for students to not only mingle with friends but also give them a chance to do something different that they are not used to.

Leo Young, activities coordinator, was very enthusiastic for students to know that Casino Night was going to be an exciting time and they should come out and support it.

Games like Blackjack, Texas Hold Em’, Craps, Poker and Roulette will be played and if you don’t know how to play any of the games, don’t worry.

During the first hour of the event, people will be there to teach students how to play and also give them time to practice.

Students who put on their best poker face can win prizes like a GSU casino Banner, $20 Visa Gift Card and tickets to the Lady Antebellum Concert here at GSU.

Rebecca Pollack, senior, president of the University Programming Board and psychology major said, “This is going to be a lot of fun, and the atmosphere will feel like we are in a real casino. People will have serving trays tending to our guest with drinks.”

Casino night does not happen often but if the turnout is a good one expect to see these hopefully every semester.

Tyler Flaim, freshman business major, said, “This is completely new and UPB’s first time ever putting on this event. The Casino Night will give students a unique experience that they can’t get anywhere else.”

Rules of Roulette

You can wager on any number, or combination of numbers, using inside or outside bets

Remember that each outside bet must be at least the amount of the table minimum

If you win your bet, your original wager will be returned to your account, in addition to the payout you receive based on bet placed and the table odds

If you lose your bet, your original wager will be lost

Rules of Craps

-Consist of two phases: come out and point

-Come out: to start a round, the shooter makes a “come out” roll

-If the come out roll is a 2, 3, or 12, then the round ends and if the come out roll is a 7 or 11, this results in a win for pass line bets

-The shooter continues to make come out rolls until he rolls 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10. This number becomes the point and in turn the point phase begins

Point: during this phase, if the shooter rolls a point number then it’s a win for the pass line bets

-If the shooter rolls a seven, it’s a loss for the pass line bets and the round is over

Rules of Blackjack

-Have a hand value that is closer to 21 than that of the dealer, without going over 21

In blackjack, the cards are valued as follows:

– An Ace can count as either 1 or 11, as explained below

– The cards from 2 through 9 are valued at their face value

– The 10, Jack, Queen, and King are all valued at 10