GSU to laugh out loud with ‘Girl Code’ comedians

•  

Erinn Williams

Georgia Southern University students will have the last laugh this week when two of

“”Last semester, we asked GSU students which comedians they wanted to bring to campus. Girl Code and Guy Code did very well in the results. After a vote within our organization and through negotiations with their agencies we were able to bring them here,”Rebecca Pollack, president of UPB and senior psychology major, said.

UPB has been giving out VIP tickets since last week through their Twitter and their Instagram profiles as well as at Casino Night last Thursday. More tickets are still up for grabs until tomorrow.

Some VIP tickets grant access to earlier seating while a select few allow students to actually have a meet-and-greet with Byer and Wetterland.

“Well I am happy they are coming because I really enjoy the show. It is relatable, unlike reality TV, and I am sure they will be funnier in person than on the show. It is one of the few shows that I can watch, laugh and say ‘me too, girl,'”Hope Simmons, junior early childhood special education major, said.

In the fall, UPB brought Lil Duval to perform. As students waited to see him, the line to get in was not kept under control. This was due to a miscalculation in the size of the anticipated audience. This semester, UPB has changed their student-to-security ratio in the hopes of preventing this from happening again.

“We have upped security for the performance. UPB members will be stationed at different points in the line. We are trying to find ways to keep them under control,” Pollack said.

A new UPB executive board selected for the 2014-2015 school year will determine if events like this will be brought to students in the upcoming school year.

“I think these events are something that students really like and I see no reason why they couldn’t bring more comedians in the future,” Pollack said.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Students can arrive early if they wish but UPB has stated that everyone will get in unless the entire student body decides to show up.

The event is free with an Eagle I.D. and $5 without.