Fashion of the Week (Ansley Hamilton)

A Funeral for Summer
  • A gallery entitled “A Funeral for Summer” was created by fashion photographer, Briana Corlee, in collaboration with Ansley Hamilton, who posed next to a pool in a black summer dress.

• These photos embody the death and mourning of the summer season.

• The contrasting elements associated with both bright summer days at the pool and the dark colors we wear to funerals makes this gallery match it’s name perfectly.

• As we prepare for pumpkin spice and cozy sweaters, we also mourn the days in the sun that we are leaving behind.

• Ansley says that “regardless of intent or use, clothing is an art form that should be respected and protected for ourselves and others, and anyone can wear anything as long as they are comfortable and authentic”.

• She goes on to say “whether you want to stand out or blend in, it is completely customizable down to the devilish details. Even uniforms and utility garments can have elements of design consideration while serving to not only allow efficiency in their work but to inform others of their role, associated responsibilities, and chain of command”.

• To Ansley, fashion is the most immediate visual form of expression we have. “It communicates so much about an individual personality, immediately striking an impression of the wearer’s life in the viewer” she says.

• Ansley is a senior film major at Georgia Southern and says she her goals for the future involve telling stories.

• As we look forward to all things fall, let us also look back on the memories and feeling of summer.