Reflector Review: Two Story Books and Coffee House

Two Story Books and Coffee House… A Gilmore Girls fan’s dream come true. The Two Story Books and Coffee House is a newly opened cafe/bookstore that is honestly one of my favorite places I’ve visited this far.

It is a gorgeous home/fairy cottage on the outside, but when you walk in you are immediately surrounded by this overwhelmingly calm feeling, it’s extremely welcoming, peaceful, and comforting, to say the least. Books cover every wall and shelf in sight, but around the building there’s several adorable seating areas that are exactly perfect to study in or chat with people, just as Trevor Wright, the owner of Two Story Books and Coffee House, had hoped for.

“I definitely saw something that has gone really wrong with America (after the COVID-19 pandemic), where we don’t take the time to slow down and to enjoy talking with people, and enjoy music and good books. And so I was really kind of craving a space where people could meet a stranger, enjoy a good conversation around the books, and then a cup of coffee without feeling rushed,” Wright said.

I don’t know about y’all, but I certainly needed a place like this in my life and I couldn’t be more thankful for it. When I visited the building, I brought along my roommate and two very good friends of mine, and all four of us collectively felt so at home and at peace there.

It was a space where we could catch up on each other’s lives without having to use a device or feeling like we were stressed for time. It was a place where we could get to know each other better, despite having known each other for years & months already. When I asked Wright about the name “Two Story Books and Coffee house”, he was able to describe that feeling very well.

“I think when you really engage with a book, in the same way when you meet another person, you have two stories that are emerging… Once I slow down and really meet someone, I get to see who they are, their kind of hopes and dreams. We all have stories. We all have good days and bad days, and I think if we take that second to pause, we get to meet someone who’s story’s just as fascinating and intricate as our own. But it’s also important that we take the time to pause to let them share their story,” Wright said.

All in all, I couldn’t give Two Story Books and Coffee House a higher rating; 5/5 stars. They’re a gorgeous business that creates such a sense of community in a world that can be so scary and overwhelming. It is the perfect place to meet someone new and interesting, as Wright suggests, or it can be a great place to sit down and do homework, read a book, or to learn more about your own story.

Two Story Books and Coffee House is located on Main St. in Statesboro and they are open weekly from 8am-6pm, but closed on Sundays.