Reflector Reviews: “Yes, And?” Ariana Grande’s Return to Music

After a 3-year break, Ariana Grande returned to the music world on January 12 with her new single “yes, and?”. The track is three minutes and 44 seconds long, it is upbeat, catchy, and it’s what some may call ‘pop perfection’.

I thoroughly enjoyed this song from start to finish, and it is now on all of my playlists. By using some parts of the hit 1990 song “Vogue” by Madonna, Grande tuned into that 80s-90s sound, which is very popular nowadays.

I asked four students what they thought about the song, here is what they had to say:

“I really liked the song, especially because it’s Ariana and I feel like she can’t make a bad song. My favorite part of the song is when she hits the riffs, it sounds so good.”
– Nyema Smith, Freshman

“When I first listened to the song I thought it was a banger, but when I kept listening, my opinions started changing a bit. My favorite part of the song is the beginning.”
– Jaedyn Charleston, Freshman

“So, I didn’t dislike the song. It had a really good beat and an overall good beat and an overall good message and vibe. It just isn’t something I would listen to on the regular. My favorite part of the song is the beginning with the repetition.”
– Cole Snellgrove-Block, Junior

“The song really wasn’t the vibe for me. I think Ariana is a great singer but I also don’t think the techno feel isn’t her arena.”
– Kenyon Castle, Sophomore

You can watch the music video for the song here. On January 17, Grande announced that her 7th studio album, titled ‘eternal sunshine’ will be released on March 8.