Robbery interrupts sandwich delivery

Lauren Gorla

At 1:23 a.m. yesterday morning, Georgia Southern University students received a Campus Alert from the Dean of Students about an armed robbery of a delivery person at The Cove apartments.

The Cove apartment complex is located on Chandler Road, adjacent to Greek row.

The victim was a Jimmy John’s food delivery person, and there were no known weapons on the suspects’ persons, according to a news release by the Statesboro Police Department.

The victim was delivering food to an apartment at The Cove when the victim was forced into the residence by an unknown male in a hoodie with a concealed face, according to the news release.

The apartment was dark and the victim reported that there was at least one other male in the residence. The suspects then took an amount of money from the victim, shut him in a room and left the apartment.

The two reported suspects were described as two black males wearing all black clothing, according to the Campus Alert.

One suspect was reported as wearing a grey bandana and the other was reported as wearing a black bandana, according to the message.

The Dean of Students reminded students to never walk alone and walk in well-lit areas when walking in the dark.

Jimmy John’s employees declined to comment, and The Cove management could not be reached for comment by press time.