Georgia Southern Korean club holds first meeting

• The GS Korean Club had their first meeting Wednesday, Aug. 28 to discuss their plans for the new semester.

Davon Johnson

STATESBORO —The GS Korean Club had their first meeting Wednesday, Aug. 28 to discuss their plans for the new semester.

Plans are made to go to South Carolina for the Korean festival and Savannah to a Korean restaurant or BBQ.

Club members will be discussing the Korean language, food and fashion at meetings.

“I feel like there were people on campus who liked Korean culture but there was no place on campus for them to go so I took it upon myself to make this club exist,” Club President Morgan Hall said. “We will create a group of people who can hang out and make new friends with each other.”

A fee of $20 is optional for club members to join in all activities the organization will be having.

GS students can join the club at anytime during the year with meetings being held every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Russell Union in room 2054.

“This is my first year in this club and I just want to get more knowledge about Korean culture and have an awesome time,” Kristin Johnson junior graphic design said. 

The club has been on campus for one semester but this is the first semester that they will have a MyInvolvement page. 

Davon Johnson, The George-Anne News Reporter, gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu