The George-Anne host a Media Career Workshop

Davis Cobb, Correspondent

For students interested in pursuing media-related careers, the George-Anne Media Group will be holding a Media Career Workshop the first week of January featuring several students and alumni from Georgia Southern University and The George-Anne as guest speakers.

While the workshop series will be held during the newspaper’s training week, any student looking into a media-related career is invited to attend.

The workshops will discuss a variety of topics related to the field, including how to enter the media job market and what a career in the field is like, how to look for information and organize it properly, and the must-knows for working news in the big city and small towns.

Several guests will be invited to speak at the workshop on these topics, ranging from students at Georgia Southern to alumni, among them Lauren Gorla, a 2016 alumni who is now the Senior Editor of the Ledger-Inquirer in Columbus, GA, Kimeko McCoy, a 2014 graduate and freelance journalist and digital marketer who has worked with Turner Broadcasting, AdWeek, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Cherokee Ledger-News, The Marietta Daily Journal, and The Saint Augustine Record, and Charles Minshew, the Director of Data Services for the Investigative Reporters and Editors and NICAR.

The Media Career Workshop will begin on January 4; no events will take place on January 5 due to Georgia Senate runoff elections occurring that day, but the workshop will resume on January 6 and continue until January 8. All students interested are welcome to attend. For more information on the schedule and anything else related to the event, please click here.