More Vaccines Available on Mar 12

Eligible Students Should Make Appointments Now

Rebecca Munday, Managing Editor

The Science Center parking lot and Arts Drive will be closed for another drive-thru vaccine clinic on Mar. 12. The Science Center parking lot and some of the parking spaces on Arts Drive will also be closed on Mar. 11. 

Georgia Southern University will administer more doses of the Moderna vaccine on Friday, Mar. 12 in the Science Center Parking lot to qualifying individuals who have an appointment with the drive-thru clinic. 

The Georgia Department of Public Health updated the groups that are eligible since the last vaccine clinic, students should visit their website to find out if they qualify for a vaccine under any of the new guidelines. 

Health professions students enrolled in clinical rotations in Georgia and students who are student teaching or serving in other roles in Georgia in Pre-K, K-12, DECAL licensed or exempt child care programs are also considered eligible,” according to John Lester, the Vice President of Communications and Marketing.  

As of Tuesday morning, appointments are still available for eligible students who are over the age of eighteen and live in the state of Georgia. Dual-enrollment students, who are not eighteen, cannot get the Moderna vaccine because the Moderna vaccine is only approved for individuals who are eighteen or older. 

Members of our university family who qualify for a vaccine in their community are encouraged to take advantage of those opportunities should they wish to receive a vaccine,” Lester said in an email about the drive thru clinic. 

To make an appointment, click on “COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling Form,” under the heading “COVID-19 Information and Resources,” in a student’s MyGS portal. 

If students have any questions, they should contact the CARES Center Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at covidsupport@georgiasouthern.edu or by phone at 912-478-CARE.