Georgia Southern engages this year’s Sustainability Week

Georgia Southern engages this years Sustainability Week

Davis Cobb, Correspondent

Southern Sustainability Week once again arrives at Georgia Southern, and this year the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement aims to help the students, faculty and staff learn how to develop a long-term sustainable lifestyle in a new way.

During the entire week, the events will have a new topic of focus for each day of the week, tackling such concepts as public health, social justice, climate change and caring for one’s community. In addition, each day will also host a variety of events, such as a food drive, a campus thrift store and a virtual presentation by author Robert Bullard on environmental and climate justice.

“Being educated on sustainability topics that impact our world directly contributes to the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement’s goal of empowering students to become global citizens who lead positive change,” said OLCE Director Jodi Kennedy. “Southern Sustainability Week is such a valuable opportunity for students to learn about resources and topics today that will clearly impact their future and future generations to come.”

Southern Sustainability Week will begin March 29, and continue through the week until April 2. Bullard’s virtual presentation will take place on March 31, at 6 p.m.; registration is required. More information on the week-long event and registration for the seminar can be found on the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement’s Sustainability page.