Folio changes to begin May 8

Shiann Sivell

Folio will upgrade to a new Daylight Experience on all three Georgia Southern University campuses by the end of the semester.

The upgrade to Daylight will be initiated at 5 a.m. on May 8. This upgrade, once initiated, is immediate and does not require a service downtime or interruption ITS Communications Manager April Burke said via email.

Scheduled system maintenance that is unrelated to the Daylight upgrade will occur on May 12. This scheduled maintenance will result in a downtime for Folio beginning May 12 at 11 p.m. and will conclude on May 13 at 5 a.m.

According to the Learning Technology Support website, the Daylight Experience upgrade will be more modern and mobile-friendly and will adapt to different screen sizes on laptops, tablets and smartphones to make navigating courses easier for students and instructors.

While the core functionality of Folio will not be changing, the upgrade to the Brightspace product will provide many benefits for students and faculty on all campuses, including:

• Multi-Device Support – The new interface is built using responsive design and adapts to any screen size, so it can be used more easily than previous versions on tablets and phones.
  • Easier Navigation – Visual and other customizations make finding courses and other features in Brightspace a simple process.
  • Modern/Clean Layout – New fonts, layouts and colors offer an improved visual experience for users. The new interface is also more accessible to those users employing assistive technology.

Students will have access to the new interface when logging into their Summer 2018 classes.

A visual sneak peek of what the upgrade will look like is available on the D2L website.

Shiann Sivell, The George-Anne Daily Reporter, gadigital@goerigaosuthern.edu