Consolidation leads to different prices in parking decals and violations

Emma Smith

Students from both Georgia Southern University’s Statesboro and Armstrong campuses can now park on either campus, however prices of parking decals and fees are not the same.

Students from each campus can now park in certain lots on either campus, but decals and some fees for the GS campus are still more expensive.

GS Director of Communications Jennifer Wise said prices for this semester have not changed at all since the previous semester.

Violation fees

Violation fees at the Statesboro campus range from $10 to $50 while the Armstrong campus has a fee of $25 for most first-time offenses.

Anu Morton, vice president of auxiliary affairs for Student Government Association, said this semester will serve as a trial semester for collecting data on students from each campus.

“None of the fees are set in stone, but we’re just trying to see how many Armstrong students are coming to our campus and how many Statesboro students are going to their campus to see what the fees will ultimately be,” Morton said.

The fee amounts will be set by next semester, Morton said.

Parking decals

Wise said the decision regarding parking permit costs for 2018-2019 has not been formally made at this time.

According to GS Parking and Transportation’s website, parking decal prices for GS students range from $110 to $160 with the exception of motorcycle permits, which are $50.

On Armstrong’s website, student permits are listed from $40 to $75 for regular vehicles and $25 for motorcycles.

Faculty and staff parking decals on the Statesboro campus are $100 while Armstrong’s faculty and staff are not charged for their first permit.

The prices of violation fees range from $10 to $100, depending on the type or number of offenses.

Updated parking information for the Liberty campus is currently pending.

For further information, contact Parking and Transportation at (912) 478-7275 or by email at parking@georgiasouthern.edu.