Post-consolidation changes to begin in the coming months

Emma Smith

Students can expect several new changes coming to all three consolidated campuses over the upcoming months.

Dean of Students Patrice Jackson announced via email that there will be changes regarding access to recreation and student health facilities, parking, tuition, fees and registration. Armstrong and Liberty students will also have new emails and ID cards.

Dates for the upcoming changes have not been completely confirmed, but students can expect to see some changes within the next couple months.

Parking

Commuter lots P1, P2, P3 and P4 of the Armstrong campus will be available to Statesboro students with a valid permit.

Commuter lots 11 through 13, 21, 30 through 33, 42, The RAC and Paulson Stadium lot of the Statesboro campus are available for Armstrong students.

Parking permit costs for 2018-2019 has not been determined.

Eagle ID cards

On March 7, Armstrong State and Liberty students will receive an Eagle ID number. The ID cards will become available March 19. Pirate cards will expire June 30.

Health services

Students who have paid the health fee on their respective campu will have access to services at either the Statesboro or Armstrong campus. If not, they must pay the fee based on the campus of enrollment in order to access services.

Registration

Beginning April 2, students from all three campuses will register for fall 2018 courses via WINGS.

Recreational fees

All students who have paid their mandatory recreation fee or who have purchased a pass on their respective campus will have access to all recreational facilities by presenting their ID card to the access control counter in each facility.

Tuition and fees

The Board of Regents is expected to announce the tuition and fees for the 2018-2019 semester at a board meeting in April. Officials are working to create a blended tuition rate between campuses.

Email

Starting May 7, students from all three campuses will be using a GS email. On June 1, access to Armstrong emails will expire.

For a rundown of full details regarding changes, click here.