What You May Not Know About the Lane Library

Inside+Lane+Library+
Georgia Southern University
Inside Lane Library

Lane Library is more than just a place to borrow books. Many students aren’t aware of what their tuition covers, and they might be surprised by the variety of resources already available on campus.

Ann Fuller, the Head of Circulation at Lane Library, is dedicated to showing students what’s at their fingertips.
Lane Library’s offerings extend far beyond the traditional image of a library. For instance, the library offers Research, Instruction and Outreach (RIO) services to help students with citing sources and creating bibliographies.
“We really want students to feel 100% comfortable coming to that desk and asking any questions that they have,” she said.
Fuller and her fellow staff support students, faculty and community members by helping students find their classes, assisting with computer issues like printing or Microsoft Word or addressing any other everyday concerns.
The library gives students access to DSLR cameras, green screens and gimbals, which encourage creative exploration and academic growth.
“We have laptops, projectors, and we don’t really care if the student wants to check out a projector for a movie night, or if they’re using it for maybe a job presentation,” Fuller explained.
On the second floor, Lane Library offers a peaceful study area where students can finish their research and prepare for exams. This is a useful place for students looking for a quiet study area free from distractions on the Armstrong campus.
In addition, the library has unique amenities such as a massage chair to help students relax and reduce stress.
“We’re excited that we’ve got VR goggles. I don’t think a lot of students know that they can come and use our virtual reality goggles,” Fuller added.
When you’re on campus next, consider exploring the extensive range of services and resources available at Lane Library. You may be pleasantly surprised by what you find.