Ethen Bodruk holding his personal favorite duck “Opal”.
Oh Shucky Ducky
May 1, 2024
Community Shred Day
AI Usage in Students

Only Summertime, No Sadness (Sorry Lana)

The time has finally arrived, it’s finally summer, and Lana Del Rey… I’m so sorry, but there’s gonna be no sadness here, only fun during this summer time. Anyways, this week I went around asking the lovely students of Georgia Southern what their favorite summer activities and pastimes are. (Which by the way, I’m totally here for it, y’all sound like your summers are the bomb.)

Let’s start with what y’alls favorites are. To begin with, the number one fan favorite activity is going to the beach. Personally… I love the beach, but I really really hate sand. (It’s nothing personal, just business.) The next favorite thing, which is my favorite, is spending time with friends. Y’all, I cannot stress how important it is to spend time with your friends, do not take them for granted!! Another favorite, according to my best friend Selena Sharman, amongst several others, is tanning… yes, yes, yes. Lastly, spoken best by the lovely Sergio Marquez, is spending time with family, yet another important thing that I cannot stress enough.

Now, if y’all don’t know what to do this summer and you think you’ll find yourself super bored, here’s some recommendations by some more fellow students. First up is going outside. My loves, there is so much research that says that being outdoors is so fantastic for your immune system, mental health, and general wellness. GO OUTSIDE!!! Go build a treehouse on a random large tree or even a fort, go geocaching, bird watching, sit outside and read a book, go for a walk, or just anything, being outside is so great for you!

Next up, suggested by the so sweet Liz Ruder, is going to the pool/going swimming. I just want to say that I love this so much, you’d be killing two birds with one stone by swimming, you’d get a tan and have fun in the water. Lastly, is finding a new hobby, trying something you’ve never tried before, getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new! The only way to know what you like is by experiencing things you’ve never experienced before.

That’s all for now guys, I hope you all have a fantastic last couple weeks of the semester and that your summer goes incredibly well. Good luck on your exams, and have as much fun and relaxation as you can this summer! Farewell my loves, until next time!!