GS game day parking and transportation changes

Noelle Walker

Georgia Southern University’s first home game on Wednesday, Oct. 4 will lead to closure of parking spaces and changes in routes of bus transportation according to GS Parking and Transportation.

Parking lot closures

The Erk Russell Park parking lot that surrounds Paulson Stadium and Eagle Field will allow parking until 12 p.m., according to GS Parking and Transportation. Vehicles must be removed by 2 p.m. or face towing charges.

Parking at the RAC will also be closed to students, faculty and staff at 12 p.m. All vehicles must be removed from the RAC parking lot by 3:30 p.m. or face towing charges.

Bus transportation

RAC bus stop location will be moved to Akins Blvd. at 1 p.m. and will only stop after making a full route into campus.

All other bus routes will run their regular scheduled times however, The Gold Route will have an increased amount of buses running after 5 p.m. to accommodate game day crowds. The route will also run one additional hour after the game ends.

Parking on Campus

At 12 p.m. students and staff will be allowed to park anywhere on campus, besides RAC and Stadium. Parking will be on a first come, first served basis without the risk of receiving a parking citation. Spaces in of the Performing Arts Center as well as those in Hanner lots will also be available for use.

The university will still enforce safety violations and asks drivers to avoid parking in game day areas, Health Services patient parking, fire lanes, handicap spaces, sidewalks and reserved parking spaces.

The university warns drivers to expect major delays and for residents of university housing to keep cars parked at the residence halls.