Classes cancelled due to Hurricane Irma

Matthew Enfinger

UPDATE 09/12: GS campus closure has been extended to Thursday, Sept. 14 and until further notice. 

UPDATE 09/11/2017 11:34 a.m.: Campus will be closed and classes remain cancelled through Wednesday, Sept. 13 until further notice. Bulloch County curfew is still in effect at this time. Next update will be issued in the evening of Monday, Sept. 11.

All classes will be canceled and campus will be closed from Friday, Sept. 8 through Tuesday, Sept. 12, according to an official announcement released by the Georgia Southern University Alert Center.

On-campus residence halls will continue to remain open. However, other schedule changes have been established for other on campus facilities and transportation.

Dining Commons

On Friday, Sept. 8 through Tuesday Sept. 12 the Dining Commons will be open at the following times:

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

All other dining outlets will be closed while the university is closed.

Transportation

Buses will continue to run at normal times through Thursday, Sept. 7 and will discontinue running on Friday, Sept. 8 through Tuesday, Sept.12.

No evacuation order has gone into effect but The Weather Channel advises all residents along the Southeast coast and eastern Gulf Coast to monitor the progress of Irma closely.

The next update by the university will be issued midday on Friday, Sept. 8. For more information and hourly updates, visit http://www.georgiasouthern.edu/alert.