Art gallery in Savannah showcases work by GS students

•  Photo courtesy of news.georgiasouthern.edu

Brett Daniel

Several art students from Georgia Southern University are currently having their artwork featured in an exhibition called “Ovation 2017” at Blick Art Gallery in downtown Savannah, Georgia.

The exhibition, located inside Blick Art Materials on East Broughton Street, showcases creations by students who received the Betty Foy Sanders Department of Art Visual Art Scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year.

Recipients include Jessamy McManus and Courtney Ryan as well as Samantha Cleveland, Brandon Kilgore, Elise Rustine, Dylan Stembridge, Megan Tanner, Marian Trainor and Allison Vagase.

“Every year I am impressed with the high-caliber work that is produced by our students,” said Elsie Hill, associate professor at GS and exhibition curator. “I have no doubt this year will exceed expectations.”

The exhibition includes works of photography, ceramics, paintings, animations and drawings, and will be on view until Sept. 30. A reception for the exhibition is being held on Sept. 21.

Featured artist Dylan Stembridge feels honored to have his work chosen for the exhibition.

“The recognition motivates me to continue working and experimenting to further grow and reach a new height with my future works.”