Food truck dining service coming to Georgia Southern

Brett Daniel

Auxiliary Services is currently working on bringing a mobile dining option to campus.

Discussion and development are still underway, but Michael Murphy, interim director of Auxiliary Marketing, said students can expect something soon.

“Our goal is to have something ready this fall,” he said. “The menu is not currently set, as we’re still in the development process, but customers can anticipate something that’s in line with current food trucks and other mobile vehicles, something that’s diverse and flexible on a daily [or] weekly basis.”

Murphy added that Auxiliary Services’ goal is to create something “exciting” and complementary to students who are on-the-go. He also said students will be able to use Dining Dollars to purchase food from the truck.

Thanny So, junior interior design major, sees the benefits in having a food truck on campus.

“It would shrink the lines at places like Chick-Fil-A and Starbucks,” she said.

So also suggested that the truck should move around campus instead of remaining stationary.

Jonathan Campos, undeclared freshman, suggested that Auxiliary Services ask students about food choices for the truck.

“They should do a poll to see what students want,” he said.

Murphy said Eagle Dining Services is always open to suggestions from students. He added that Auxiliary Services will do their best to keep students updated on developments concerning the food truck.