Returning students receive special dining plan promotion

Bailey Adcock

Georgia Southern Dining Services is offering a special promotion for returning students next year. If students sign up for an Eagle Blue meal plan between now and April 29, these students will receive a free upgrade to the Eagle Gold meal plan.

This promotion is only available for returning students. Incoming freshmen are ineligible.

Students who are upgraded to the Eagle Gold will receive 300 dining dollars and eight guest passes per semester. This is 200 more dining dollars and three more guest passes than students who have Eagle Blue will receive.

“If nothing else, the additional dining dollars alone made the Gold plan worth it,” MaKayla Hayes, freshman hospitality management major, said.

The dining plans provide students with unlimited access to both Landrum and Lakeside in addition to the dining dollars which can be used at various locations across campus.

“Landrum is great and all, but I loved being able to go to Starbucks whenever I wanted,” Hayes said.

The Eagle Gold meal plan is typically about $150 more than the Eagle Blue plan, but with this offer it is the same price, saving students about $300 for the year.

Many returning students opt out on getting a dining plan for their second years, but there are many reasons the dining plans can be beneficial. The promotion is aimed towards those students returning to campus next year, specially the upperclassmen.

“Not only are we not raising prices, but we’re able to do something for our upperclassmen to say thank you for being with us throughout this process. We’re going to continue to make changes to make it more exciting to come here,” Jeff Yawn, Director of Eagle Dining Services, said.

With this special promotion, Dining Services is hoping to provide some incentive for upperclassmen to sign-up.

“I’m very excited. After three years being in our current building and under our current programs, we put ourselves in a position to where we can have an opportunity to give back,” Yawn said.

To sign up for this offer, you can call the Eagle Card Office to speak with someone who will help you sign up. Their number is 912-478-5311.

You can also visit Eagle Card Services located inside Landrum. Representatives are there Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

For more information on signing up for a meal plan and receiving this special offer, you can visit Eagle Dining’s Dining Plans and Packages page on the Georgia Southern website.

Photo courtesy of Kelly Lowery.