Pirate’s Palate: Revamped Ramen

PiratesPalettePicture

By Khayla McClinton, Staff Writer

As most college students know, after being in school for a while you get tired of eating the same old same old from The Galley. The only other option is to go out and get something, but that cost money that you probably do not want to spend on unhealthy fast-food. So here is a easy and cheap way to avoid eating something for the zillionth time.

All that is required for this simple recipe is a package of ramen noodles, one egg, a bag of mixed veggies, and a small package of pre-cooked chicken or whichever meat you prefer.

First, boil the noodles, which you can do in the microwave by heating a bowl of water for 3-5 minutes and then placing the noodles in the bowl. When the noodles have softened to your liking, drain the water out of the bowl. After draining the water, crack the egg over the bowl of noodles, mix, and heat for 2 minutes. When the noodles and egg have finished, the egg should be cooked and look fluffy and yellow throughout the noodles. Heat the veggies in a separate bowl or you can use the steamable bags, which saves you from cleaning dishes! After the veggies have cooked, add veggies to the noodles and mix. Now heat the pre-cooked chicken and mix with the veggies and noodles. Pour the chicken seasoning that comes with the package of noodles and mix. You now have successfully prepared a yummy bowl of chicken ramen and only spent around $5 for a meal that can be prepared repeatedly. This is a cheaper alternative to some of the fast food restaurants and is super quick. This is only one recipe that gets creative with ramen noodles.