Preparing for TechFest: A Breakdown

Kylie Fields
tech fest
3D printer from J Travis King’s project featured in the 2015 TechFest (Inkwell Photo/Elizabeth Rhaney

Bradley Mullis, A&E Editor

TechFest 2016 is right around the corner this year and the event is just as jampacked as it always is during its small three and a half hour slot.

Sponsored by the Computer Science and Information Technology Department, TechFest is a platform for students and professionals to interact and network with one another, create connections and potential business opportunities.

TechFest begins with a presentation of the current state of the industry in Georgia, which will be presented this year by Tony Cooper, vice president of the Technology Association of Georgia. The event is split into two parts.

Students will present projects in the form of posters and various demonstrations as an opportunity to showcase their experience. The second half will focus on local technology-based businesses as they seek out possible future employees. The event will wrap up with awards going to the first, second and third place winners from the poster sessions.

TechFest is a great way for students to learn more about the current technology and information career fields, as well as establishing connections for future job opportunities.