Letter from the editor: Returning to changes

•  Matthew Enfinger is a senior writing and linguisitics major from Hephzibah, Georgia.

Matthew Enfinger

Dear faculty, staff and students,

I’d like to wish you a warm welcome back to the Georgia Southern University Statesboro campus. As we return back to campus, we return to changes.

For the second time in program history we are bowl champions thanks to Chad Lunsford and company at the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl, a new Engineering and Research Building is being constructed at the corner of Akins Blvd. and Forest Drive and Kyle Marrero, the current sitting president at University of West Georgia, may become GS’ 14th president.

Another thing that’s changed is that you’re here. Not the you from last semester but the new you starting out this semester. Whether you’re returning back to GS or you transferred from somewhere else, the spring 2019 semester at GS is yours to win.

While many things have and will change this semester, there is one thing that will remain the same, The George-Anne’s hard work and dedication to you, our readers.

This semester we look forward to carrying The George-Anne legacy that has been held here at GS since 1927. We look forward to reporting and writing about the topics and issues that face you. We look forward to working with our other divisions such as The George-Anne Reflector magazine and The George-Anne Studio.

Most importantly, we look forward to building a community with you.

Thank you for your readership and if you have a news tip or a story that needs to be told feel free to email me at gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu.

Sincerely,

Matthew Enfinger

The George-Anne Editor-in-Chief