Eagles fall to Flames in final tuneup before conference championships

Bethany-Grace Bowers

Liberty University beat out Georgia Southern 31-7 in the diving meet Saturday morning on the Eagles’ campus.

Two events were held on Saturday at the RAC and nine ladies competed in the three meter and one meter events.

Liberty’s Abigail Egolf-Jensen, freshman from Blaine, Minnesota, came in first place in the one meter event with a score of 277.35. Right behind her in second place was fellow teammate Olivia Robinson. The freshman from Friendswood, Texas finished with a score of 276.53.

The Eagles came in third place in the one meter event. Sara Rogers,a sophomore from Jefferson, Georgia, finished with a score of 263.33. Rogers was less than two points away from earning the score needed to make the NCAA Zone Qualifying meet.

In the three meter event LU swept the podium with Robinson, Jensen, and Lauren Chennault placing.

GS placed fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh in the event with scores very close to each other. In fourth place was Katie Knight with a score of 233.4, in fifth was Gretchen Mossburg with a score of 206.63, in sixth was Sara Rogers with a score of 205.43 and in seventh was Hannah Mudge with a score of 201.90.

The Eagles will now get ready to compete at the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) Championships meet held at Liberty University from Feb. 20-23.

Bethany-Grace Bowers, The George-Anne Assistant Sports Editor, gasports@georgiasouthern.edu