Spring 2021 Commencement Reminders

Georgia Southern University students have the option to participate in the virtual graduation ceremonies. They can also join the fall 2020 commencement exercises or participate in a rescheduled in-person ceremony.

Fernanda Camacho Hauser, Correspondent

Earlier today the office of the registrar sent out a reminder email with information and instructions about the upcoming spring 2021 commencement.

Among these emails are the instructions to double-check the address that your diploma will be sent to six to eight weeks after the end of the semester.

The email also reminds those graduating to check out any holds that might prevent them from graduating as expected such as parking, financial aid or library hold. As well as making sure they pay the $35 graduation fee through their WINGS account. 

The newest information includes the instructions on how and where to order our caps and gowns. In order to avoid the $25 late fee the email recommends students send in measurements before the April 12 deadline.

The general information and commencement dates remain the same as when they were announced in early February.