More Doses of the Moderna Vaccine Arriving to Armstrong

First and Second Doses of Moderna will be Available on Apr. 13

Rebecca Munday, Managing Editor

Students, faculty and staff, who have not received a first dose of either vaccine, can get their first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Tuesday, Apr. 13 through the Southside COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic hosted by SouthCoast Medical Group in the Student Union Ballroom from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

These vaccines will only be distributed to students who have an appointment. Ten-minute appointments can be made here

Students, faculty and staff who received their first dose of the Moderna vaccine through the Armstrong campus on Mar. 16 and will need a second dose of the vaccine on Apr. 13 should go to the Armstrong Recreation Center (ARC) gymnasium to receive their second dose. 

Students, faculty and staff in need of a second dose should not go to the Southside COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic in the Student Union Ballroom. The clinic is for first doses only.  For students who cannot make it to the clinic on Apr. 13, the Southside Clinic will be open every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students who want to make an appointment through the clinic after today should click here to schedule it. 

Individuals who will need their second dose on Tuesday, Apr. 13 should have received an email to their university email address on Apr. 12 with a reminder about the time of their appointment and more instructions. 

To learn more about the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the CDC website. 

For more information on the Moderna vaccine, read “COVID-19 Vaccine Virtual Town Hall,” by managing editor Rebecca Munday.