PROMOTING THE FOOD BANK TO STUDENTS ON CAMPUS

Gabby smith, Multimedia Jousnalist

The food bank has been around since 2020 to allow students to shop for food and hygiene products. The students may shop once a week and it is completely open to any student as long as they feel out a form with their basic information.

“Im passionate about it because it gives students access to resources that they may not have been aware of and it helps them to sometimes just make that connection from one week to the next where maybe they are struggling to financially afford school because as the cost of things keep going up financial issues for students and staff can be an issue is this something that is very helpful for students to be able to know they have access to.”

The food bank is open from 10am to 4pm and is always welcoming to everyone. You can find the food bank in the Williams center on the second floor. To help the food bank continue their work they are always in need for more non perishable items. If you decide that you would like to donate…

“We can coordinate with you on the steps to getting the donations to the food bank. You are also more than welcome to drop them off on your own time in the Williams Center essentials food bank.”

If you decide that you would like to be a member of the food bank or donate you can look on the food bank resource page for more help or email cweaver@georgiasouthern.edu or call 912-478-3326.