Flag Day 2022

• Flag Day 2022 occurred on September 15, 2022 at the Rotunda. The event was hosted by OMA.

• Students were able to get delicious fresh fruit ice popsicles from Palmetto Pops. They had flavors such as Blackberry Lemonade and Chunky Mango.

• From left to right, Mirtha Callejas, Vanessa Montes, and Joselin Trujillo are enjoying their time at the event.

• The first 100 students were able to receive a free meal from Vida Fresh Food Truck by Latin Chicks. There was Esquites (Mexican Corn), Street Tacos, and more.

• Alongside the ice popsicles and the food, students were able to enjoy rock climbing, inflatable axe throwing, and human billiards.

• Jose Ramiez (blue shirt) said, “Hispanic Heritage Month to me, lets me take pride in being a Latino. It gives me representation and lets me show my culture to other people to see what it is about. It is a great way to connect with other Latinos from all around the world”.

• Jose Ramiez (blue shirt) also celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with his “family at carne asadas (similar to a cookout), spending quality time together, talking about our culture, our history”.

• Emmanuel Gonzalez celebrate by “celebrating other Hispanic countries as well as (his) own and embracing (his) own culture”.

• Towards the end of the event, students grabbed flags from different Hispanic countries and participated in a Flag Parade.