Spring 2018 commencement speakers announced

• The graduate student commencement speaker will be Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr.

'
  • '

Brendan Ward

Georgia Southern University has announced their commencement speakers for the Spring 2018 graduation.

Undergraudate commencement speaker

The undergraduate commencement speaker will be former alumna and President and CEO of the Metro Atlanta Chamber Hala Moddelmog.

Moddelmog is the first woman to be a leader in MAC. Moddelmog recruits new companies to the region and works with a variety of businesses to ensure growth for the metro Atlanta.

Moddelmog has a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from GS and a Master of Arts in journalism and mass communications from the University of Georgia.

The undergraduate commecement ceremony will be held on May 5 at 9 a.m. at Allen E. Paulson Stadium.

Graduate commencement speaker

For the graduate student commencement speaker will be Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr.

Carr is Georgia’s chief legal officer and is tasked with protecting the consitution and laws of Georgia.

Carr is a graduate of the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business and Lumpkin School of Law.

The graduate commencement ceremony will held on May 4, at 1 p.m. in Hanner Fieldhouse.

Brendan Ward, The George-Anne Daily Mananing Editor, gadigital@georigaosuthern.edu