Georgia Southern sets two new school records in 6th game of the season

https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fgsathletics_wbb%2Fstatus%2F1598085438958637058%3Fs%3D46%26t%3DwXWdpSsKC9aZCNrIUkCHrQ

Briyanna Thompson, Managing Sports Editor

Georgia Southern women’s basketball broke another school for the second time in a row finishing their 6th game with 32 steals against Agnes Scott Wednesday night at Hanner Field.

GS Women’s basketball gained their fifth win of the season after a 91 point blow out against AS, 126-35. 

• This would be the Eagles second time this season having a 100+ point game the first being against Life University this past Sunday.  
  • The Eagles (5-1) also topped the century mark for the second straight game, keeping the Scotties (0-7) winless on the young season.

Five GS players had double-doubles, the lead players being Diamond Stokes and Lydia Freeman, who had 17 points apiece. 

• Terren Ward got her third double-double of the year with 16 points and 11 rebounds
  • Simone James had 13 points and Taya Gibson added 12.

Other highlights and game facts 

• The Eagle of the game was Freeman who had a flawless 7-for-7 from the field giving her a career-high of 17 points. She also knocked down her first career three-pointer in the contest and added five rebounds.
  • “That’s the ultimate team win, when everybody gets a chance to score. And we want to make sure everyone has a piece of their pie. We set the steals record, and I’m a defensive coach, so any time we can set a new record in a defensive category, that’s one i’m really happy about,” said Howard 

The Eagles next game will be Friday, December 9, hosting Chicago State for its annual Kids Day Field Trip Game. Game time is 11 a.m. at Hanner Fieldhouse and more than 2,000 elementary and middle school students are expected for the contest.