Eagles Cruise by UAB Blazers in a 49-35 Point Game

By: Briyanna Thompson

Georgia Southern Eagles started the night off in a big way after scoring the first touchdown after a forced fumble from UAB. 

1st Quarter Jalen White scored the first points of the night after a 5-yard pass from quarterback Davis Brin. 

• QB Brin helped to extend the eagles lead with another 5 yard run. 
  • The Eagles kept the lead the whole 1st quarter, the ending score being 14-0. 

2nd Quarter UAB opened the 2nd quarter with a their first touchdown on a 19-yard run. 

• GS OJ Arnold assisted the eagles in their 3rd touchdown with a 26-yard pass to Derwin Burgess Jr. This would be the 2nd touchdown pass of his college career. 
  • The Blazers came back with their 2nd and 3rd touchdown taking the lead from GS, 22-21. 
  • Arnold took the lead last minute with a 39-yard run for a touchdown, 28-22

3rd Quarter Senior Khaleb Hood put GS up two touchdowns after catching a 25 yard pass from Brin followed by a 1 yard pass to get his 6th touchdown of his college career. 

• UAB scored again late 3rd quarter making the score, 35-29

4th Quarter GS TJ Smith got his first interception as a Eagle early in the first quarter

• GS upped the score again with a TD from White followed by a two-point conversion. 
  • UAB scored again, still falling behind the Eagles. 
  • Khaleb Hood broke the Georgia Southern career receiving yards with just 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter with 1,855 career yards. 
  • GS scored a final field goal making the ending score 49-35. 

Georgia Southern (2-0) takes to the road for the first time next Saturday, Sept. 16 against Wisconsin. Kickoff is set for 12 p.m. (ET)/11 a.m. (local) in Madison.