Eagles Put on Show for Family Weekend Beating Coastal 38-28

By: Briyanna Thompson

1st Quarter:  Coastal Carolina scored the first touchdown of the game (7-0) and GS did not score until 2nd quarter  

2nd Quarter: GS answered back with their first touchdown from Derwin Burgess Jr. on a 2-yard pass from Davis Brin

• Coastal quickly regained the lead with another touchdown from a 13-yard pass and a field goal. 
  • The Eagles would score two more touchdowns, one from Anthony Queeley for a 16-yard touchdown reception that deflected off a Coastal defender.
  • The 2nd one from Khaleb Hood after an interception from Cam Williams followed by a 12-yard pass from Brin. 

3rd Quarter:  Coastal scored first in the 2nd half followed by three back to back scores from GS. 

• CCU scored on a 13 yard pass. 
  • GS settled for a field goal attempt making the score 24-21
  •  Khadry Jackson caught a pick-six making this his second career score and the first defensive touchdown of the season, 31-21
  • Jalen White then scored a 3 yard touchdown taking the score to 38-21. 

4th Quarter: Coastal was able to score one more touchdown in the game but fell short to GS with the final score being 38-28

• The attendance was 26,384, breaking the all-time Paulson Stadium attendance record.
  • The Eagles will have a Bye-Week before playing against James Madison on Saturday, October 14th.