Bulloch County Animal Shelter is Full

The Bulloch County Animal Shelter is a place where you can find a new furry friend to adopt. Currently, the shelter is completely full, forcing them to turn away animals looking for a home. 

59 dogs and 19 cats are being held at the shelter. Over half of them are waiting to be adopted. 

“Right now we can’t take in any animals. We have a couple of pens where we can take in friendly cats but for dogs we are completely full,” said Amanda Anderson, Supervisor of the Bulloch County Animal Shelter. 

The animals at the shelter are of different breeds and ages. Some of the pets have been at the shelter for over two hundred days. 

For people who are hoping to adopt a pet here, the shelter offers a private adoption room to get to know the animal first.

“I love watching the animals get to go home. And then when we get the updates through the email of pictures where it’s the dog who was crazy here, but then when they get home they’re laying on the couch watching TV, it’s like the best thing ever,” said Anderson. 

The adoption fee for dogs is 50 dollars and for cats the fee is 30 dollars. If you want to adopt a dog that’s been at the shelter for over 90 days, there is no adoption fee. 

“Even if you can’t adopt, come out, volunteer, play with them, take pictures. It helps tremendously when people just share our posts on Facebook because then more people see it and that one person will find the right one and come get it,” said Anderson. 

To adopt, you can go to the shelter located at 81 Mill Creek Road during their open hours or give them a call at 912-764-4529.