Ethen Bodruk holding his personal favorite duck “Opal”.
Oh Shucky Ducky
May 1, 2024
Community Shred Day
AI Usage in Students

Celebrating Homecoming with Tailgates and Touchdowns

Georgia Southern closed out this year’s homecoming with a bang including the tailgate and the homecoming game.

Eagle Nation started the morning off celebrating with the tailgate. And if you were trying to fuel up before the game, this was the perfect place for you. 

Fans gathered around listening to music of all ages, with enough food, drinks and music to energize you for the afternoon. “I’m loving the vibes, loving the food,” said Mya Williams.

“We’re just trying to live it up,” said Georgia Southern Alumnus, RJ. “Good Greek life, good women, good people, good bonding, gotta love it!” 

This steered right into the homecoming game which definitely led up to the hype. Eagle Nation rocked Paulson Stadium helping the football team put the icing on the cake for homecoming. 

The Eagles were taking care of business in this game, scoring 24 points, their most points in a quarter this season.

“We’ve really been good right at the end of half starting the second half,” said Head Coach, Clay Helton. “I’ve always talked about its a critical part of the game this time when you look at it we weren’t as good.”

After halftime, ULM started crawling back into the game, but Georgia Southern was able to secure the win in the final moments of the game with a pick-six. 

“ULM scored with 1:43 left in that second quarter now you’re providing hope and hope is a dangerous thing. Credit to our defense that did a tremendous job of finally taking that hope away with Tyrell Davis’ pick six,” said Coach Helton.