Eagles Fall To Buffalo in Overtime Battle

Briyanna Thompson
Eren Banks making a floater over UB defender

Georgia Southern managed to have their biggest comeback of the season, taking the game into overtime but lost to the University at Buffalo by just 1 point. 

1st Half: The Bulls started with a 6-0 run against the Eagles to start the game out before Avantae Parker gave GS their first 3 points. 

• It was a back and forth battle between UB and GS, as they went scoring back to back at some points. UB managed to keep their lead the whole first half. 
  • The Buffalos’ highest lead was 15 points and the game went into halftime with UB up by 12, 45-33. 

2nd Half: Going into the second half, the Eagles still trailed for the majority of the half until they caught up to UB with 2 back to back three pointers from Nate Brafford.

• Eren Banks helped to send the game into overtime with a last minute 3 pointer with 40 seconds left in the half. 
  • With a 5 minute overtime quarter, the Eagles and the Bulls stayed within 1 point of each other until UB hit a jumper and a layup to put them up by 1 winning the game. 82-81
  • Eren Banks had a career high of 25 points and four other GS players scored double digits.

Jamar Franklin- 15 points

Avantae Parker– 13 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals

Eugene Brown III– 12 points, 6 rebounds 

Nate Brafford– 11 points, 8 rebounds

Georgia Southern will start their last away game series against Coastal Carolina on Thursday at 7 p.m.