James Madison Takes Down Georgia Southern After Second Half Boost, Moore Leads in Scoring

AJ Henderson-GS Athletics
Avantae Parker up against JMU player

Georgia Southern had a dominating first half keeping the lead for majority of the game but James Madison’s second half boost would lead to the Eagles defeat. 

The Eagles started off their Senior Day Saturday on a strong note. The Eagles would throw the first punch with a lay-up from Eugene Brown III.

Followed by Tyren Moore’s early and Nate Bradford’s back to back three’s, which helped put the Eagles up by 12 half way through the first. 

GS would keep the lead the whole 1st half outscoring JMU by 15 points going into the half 45-30. That lead would start to decrease after a JMU 7-0 run opening the second half. 

Despite this, GS would still keep their lead until JMU took the lead with less than six minutes left. From there the Eagles would not get their lead back even with the few opportunities they had. JMU pulled the win by just six points, 80-74

GS is now 6-23 (6-10) SBC and will host against Marshall as the second to last home game of the season on Wednesday, February 28th at 7pm. 

Player Stats:

Tyren Moore- 27 points

Avantae Parker- 17 points, 3 rebounds

Eugene Brown III- 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals