7th Mile Hotel

April is Child Abuse Awareness Month, and in recognition, the Exchange Club of Statesboro brought people together for a community picnic filled with games and outdoor activities at 7th Mile Farm.
7th Mile Farm’s slogan, ‘Hope Grows Here,’ drives them, along with their love for Christ, to serve children who are at risk or in foster care by integrating them with nature. They offer lessons like fishing, canoeing, and archery, conveniently located about 10 minutes away from campus.
Additionally, they successfully raised over $100,000 to build two more cabins, providing over 10 more children with the opportunity to stay.
7th Mile Farm is currently seeking volunteers for their summer camp, serving as camp counselors or what they refer to as ‘camp cousins,’ for their three summer sessions.
Director Chris Yaughn said in an interview “We have an overnight camp that helps children in foster care. There’s a lot of moving parts and we need all the help we can get to make this a great experience for the children.”
As April draws to a close, other places around Statesboro continue to raise awareness and support for children in need. Safe Haven and Child Advocacy Services of Southeast Georgia will have Community speakers share their stories and plant blue pinwheels April 25 at 12pm at Safe Haven.