Deadline to withdraw without academic penalty extended to Friday

• Marvin Pittman sign

'

Blakeley Bartee

STATESBORO – The deadline to withdraw from courses without academic penalty at Georgia Southern University has been extended to April 10, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Carl Reiber announced yesterday in an email.

The provost also said students who feel they need more time to complete their course requirements can ask their instructors if an incomplete or in-progress grade is an option.

Here are other announcements from Provost Reiber on resources, refunds and changes due to COVID-19:

Connectivity and resources

Students and faculty are allowed to travel to GS campuses or wifi hotspots for educational purposes under Gov. Kemp’s shelter-in-place order, according to the email. The provost recommends carrying an Eagle ID in case you are challenged.

The university has a limited number of computers available for students and faculty to check out if they are in need of one for educational purposes.

To find where you can access free wifi, click here.

Accommodations

Students who received accommodations through the Student Accessibility Resource Center before classes were moved online can still receive those accommodations, according to the email.

For questions or requests for assistance in providing SARC accommodations, email director Kelly Woodruff at kwoodruff@georgiasouthern.edu.

Refunds

The refunds for housing, dining and certain fees announced on March 24 should be issued by April 10, according to the email.

Summer

As previously announced on April 2, all summer classes under the University System of Georgia will be online this year.

Study Abroad programs this summer have been canceled. The Office of Global Engagement and the USG Goes Global office will announce when study abroad programs will resume, according to the provost’s email.

Blakeley Bartee, The George-Anne Editor-in-Chief, gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu