Explore Your Possibilities at the Study Abroad Fair

Araya Jackson

Never Been Overseas? Explore your Possibilities!

If you’ve ever considered going to study out of the country, then the Study Abroad Fair is the perfect place for you to get all the information you’ll need. The Study Abroad Fair will be today, Tuesday, Sept. 22, in the Russell Union Ballroom from 10-2 p.m.

There will be representatives from programs that are offered here at Georgia Southern University, other Georgia schools and independent program providers on hand, ready to answer any questions interested students may have. This information will include upcoming dates for the summer, academic class possibilities, the program cost plus other costs that you would need to cover and other prominent information. Information on financial aid and scholarships will also be available at the fair. This way you can give your parents or guardians enough information to make them just as excited about the trip as you will be, because we all know the idea of sending your child away for half a summer can be a little worrisome.

Over 30 of Georgia Southern’s partner universities will be there will information about trips that they also have planned. In addition to this, fair goers will also be able to get personal experience stories from students who have recently returned from a period of studying abroad. Exchange students from our partner institutions who are currently here studying will be present for you to talk to them about the differences between the U.S. and the countries they are from they are from and get a local’s view on their country. This activity could also influence you to look a little further than just study abroad and more into an exchange program.

Imagine studying history and writing in Italy, biology at a tropical marina in Mexico, nursing in Costa Rica or public health in Ghana. The programs vary each summer, but these are just some examples of past trips and possibly future ones. There are also language programs in French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese. There’s no better way to learn a language than immersing yourself in a country where it’s predominant!

All students, faculty and staff are invited to attend. This is the perfect way to expand your resume, broaden your cultural horizons, enhance career opportunities and have the summer experience of a lifetime.