South East Summer Music Festival Guide

Chavers said that she believed crime was a symptom of poverty, and that implementing job skill programs that teach people basic job search skills, like using the internet and other basic computer skills, can help alleviate some of the crime problems.

Summer is the ultimate concert season, and the best time to hit the road with a group of friends and head to one of the many music festivals in your region. With a variety of genres present in each of the lineups, there seems to be a music festival for anyone during the most carefree months of the year. These are some of the most popular music festivals that you may find yourself camping out at for a weekend this Summer.

Hangout

Hangout is in in the perfect environment for summertime. Hosted in Gulf Shores, Alabama, festival-goers can campout and listen to music on the beach. This year, Hangout will be from May 15 to 17. There will be acts ranging from country, to alternative, to electronic. Some of the main performances will be the Foo Fighters, Sam Smith, Zac Brown Band, Skrillex, and Dirty Heads. Three day general admission tickets cost $249
Spotify playlist: Hangout 2015 by festivalsnob

Shaky Boots

Shaky Boots is a newer series of shows. It will take place in Atlanta at the KSU Sports and Entertainment Park on May 16 and 17. This is a music festival for country lovers. Headliners will be Blake Shelton, Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley, and Rascal Flatts. A ticket for just one day costs $95, and a two-day pass costs $189.
Spotify playlist:  Shaky Boots 2015 by Lacey Damico

Counterpoint

Counterpoint also showcases a diverse spectrum of music, a lot of music that people enjoy dancing to. This year, the lineup includes Umphrey’s McGee, Zedd, The Roots, and Cherub. Counterpoint will be from May 22 to 24 in Kingston Downs, Georgia. Tickets are currently $175.
Spotify playlist: Counterpoint 2015 by Ace Rowe

Bonnaroo

This extremely popular festival will be held in Manchester, Tennessee, from June 11 to 14. Bonnaroo is famous for the strong variety of music types it showcases each year. This year the headliners include Billy Joel, Mumford & Sons, Deadmau5, and Kendrick Lamar. General admission tickets are currently $324.50.
Spotify playlist: Bonnaroo 2015 by festivalsnob

Tomorrow World

Tomorrow World is the daughter festival to the world famous festival Tomorrow Land in The Netherlands. This year, Tomorrow World will be held in Chattahooche Hills, Georgia, just outside of Atlanta, from September 25 to 27. Tomorrow World hosts several EDM artists every year. A three day pass costs $357.
Spotify playlist: TomorrowWorld 2015 by Robaer

What music festivals are you looking forward to this summer?