Give me a break: what GSU students are doing for Spring Break

Republican gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp speaks in front of Anderson’s General Store on Nov. 2. Kemp holds 75,386 lead over opponent Stacey Abrams however, Abrams has not conceded. 

Spring Break is that time when you can finally stop worrying about your next exam and instead only worry about what time you should start getting ready to go out for a night with your friends.
Georgia Southern students are no different when it comes to Spring Break, they want to relax and enjoy their week in some awesome new places.

“I am going on a cruise,” said senior, business management major, Sarah Ford. “I’m excited because it is my first one!”

carnival-breeze-1 Photo courtesy of: Carnival Cruise Lines.
The most common place for college students to go to during Spring Break is the beach or a tropical destination, but if you are looking for more adventure like Carolyn Miller, sophomore psychology major, then you may find yourself staying away from the beaches and large crowds.

“I decided to go to Asheville, North Carolina because I didn’t want to have the typical beach trip, and I wanted more adventure and relaxation,” Miller said.

slide5 Photo courtesy of: Asheville Connections.
However just because you want to go have fun for Spring Break doesn’t mean you can’t help build your resume while having fun! There are plenty of Fashion Week volunteer opportunities right now for students wanting to expand their knowledge in fashion, public relations, and marketing.

“I’m going to Charleston to volunteer for fashion week,” said junior fashion merchandising major, Erin Burell. “I wanted to volunteer so that I can gain experience in the fashion industry, and see what it’s really like behind the runway!”

Charleston_01 Photo courtesy of: Charleston International Film Festival Website
Some other amazing places students are going to are: Destin, Myrtle Beach, Daytona, Universal, Gulf Shores, and Mexico
No matter where you decide to go for Spring Break it should be relaxing and fun. Comment below or use the hash tag “#Reflectorspringbreak” on twitter to let us know where you are heading this Spring Break.

Feature photo courtesy of: Gianella Mckernan