Letter from the Editor: Welcoming a New Decade

Welcome Back, Eagles!

Along with the spring semester, we welcome a new decade: 2020. The first Reflector magazine was created in 1989, replacing the Reflector yearbook.

Since then, our name has changed from “Southern Reflector Magazine” to “Reflector Magazine” to “The George-Anne Reflector Magazine.” We’ve also covered many different topics and issues throughout the years. One thing that has not changed, however, is our drive to showcase the lives and culture of Georgia Southern University students.

Reflector also welcomes a new team of editors and reporters. Aubrey Brumblow is our Managing Editor, and she is working her hardest to make sure everything stays on track this semester. Our campus and culture editors Jenna Wiley and Savannah Savage-Johnson are setting the direction for this semester’s online and print stories. Savannah King, our events and engagement editor, is working hard to increase our presence on campus and social media. Reporters Olivia Craft, Tatiana Joseph-Saunders and Kayla Winston-Bass will contribute fresh content to the publication. 

This Thursday, Jan. 16, Reflector will have our print magazine launch. It will take place in the Russell Union from 11-1 p.m. We hope to see you there!

In addition to being Editor-in-Chief of The George-Anne Reflector Magazine, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Miscellany Magazine of the Arts. Alongside Miscellany Editor Nathan Luft and our team of Assistant Editors, we aim to showcase content in art, photography, creative nonfiction, poetry and fiction this year from the creative communities at GS.

Reflector also wants to showcase your content. I urge you to submit your stories to our community blog section. The mission of Reflector Community is to ensure that your voice may be shared and your opinions heard. Topics may include fashion, music, fitness and more. For information on how to submit, go to “write a post” under the community section of our website or click here.

We are excited to see what the semester has in store for Reflector, and we hope you are, too.

Sincerely,

Noelle Walker

Editor-in-Chief