Ways Eagles Can Get Vaccinated

Appointments Available on the Armstrong Campus for Jun. 30

Jasmine Hoang

Signs outside the Armstrong Center for a COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic

Armstrong students can schedule appointments to receive either the Johnson and Johnson or a dose of the Moderna vaccine at the Health Professions Academic Building on Wednesday, Jun. 30, 2021.

Students who wish to be vaccinated should log into their MyGS portal and click on the “COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling Form,” which can be found under the heading “COVID-19 Information and Resources.”

Both the Moderna and Johnson and Johnson vaccines are approved by the FDA under Emergency Use Authorization for individuals over the age of 18.

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine only requires one dose to be completely effective. The Moderna vaccine requires two doses that are administered 28 days apart to be completely effective.

Additionally, Georgia Southern students can now get their COVID-19 vaccine at any university campus in the University System of Georgia (USG). Regardless of which university USG students attend, they can get vaccinated at any of the 15 campuses in Georgia.

Even students who got their first dose at the end of the spring semester from Georgia Southern can receive their second dose from another USG campus that is closer to home for students who went home for the summer.

Students who need to schedule an appointment should please visit www.usg.edu/vaccination today to schedule an appointment at the vaccination site closest to them.

If students cannot find a convenient appointment at a university-based vaccination site, they can visit one of the community-based vaccination sites. Students who need help finding a community based site should visit The Georgia Department of Public Health’s Vaccine Finder.

“USG strongly encourages all faculty, staff, students and visitors to get vaccinated, although it is not mandatory. Getting vaccinated is an individual decision and not required to be a part of our campuses,” President Marrero said in a recent message to the students.

To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccines, visit Georgia Southern’s COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution, read COVID-19 Vaccine Virtual Town Hall, or watch COVID Vaccines Unmasked: Questions and Answers from an Immunologist.